The North Shore Community Centre began as a shared vision by the Community and Progress Associations within the North Shore Area who were concerned about the lack of a central, collaborative meeting place. In 2010, with funding from the Federal Government and help from our local council, construction began on our environmentally sustainable centre. It was officially opened on September 10th 2011.
Our centre is currently run by a dedicated team of local North Shore residents who gave generously of their time to get this centre established and to ensure its ongoing success. We are also supported by the Sunshine Coast Council who continue to guide and mentor our Management Committee.
The volunteer Management Committee, through council grants and venue hire, employs a Manager and Bookings Coordinator to manage the day to day operational functions of the centre including: volunteer and staff supervision; community development; program development and funding; venue and office hire; strategic development and service provision.
To encourage our community to Be Involved, Be Inspired & Be Connected
Our vision is to:
- Reduce social isolation for individuals and groups by offering a positive empowering environment;
- Value and respect the diversity within our community:
- Meet the needs of our community where possible;
- Encourage collaboration between business and the community; and
- Continue to work towards sustainable outcomes for the centre.
Our Local Community
The North Shore Community Centre serves the communities of: